Saturday, December 10, 2011

Dakota as Effie

Many of you have probably already heard that Dakota Fanning is going to be starring as Effie Ruskin-Millais in a new biopic next year. I for one am quite excited to see how Ruskin, Effie and Millais are portrayed...the romance between the latter two is one of my favorite tales of the original core Brotherhood. And I hope, unlike Desperate Romantics, they don't shy away from a discussion of Ruskin's peculiarities toward young women and his reason for not consummating their relationship (as Kirsty Walker puts it... "just lie back and think of cathedrals")

And of course I hope there are cameos by other Brotherhood members.

Anyway, many thanks to Tess of Midnight Muse for the link to this preview from the production.


Effie. Although I can think of other actresses I would have chosen first, I think Dakota will do a grand job.


Ruskin in a down jacket.

3 comments:

Sheila said...

I hadn't heard of this production....how cool! Looking forward to it....

I bought Desperate Romantics and enjoyed it, even though some stuff was "off". I think the cheeseball title of the series bothers me more than anything.... Should have had the actors posing on the cover of the DVD case with their shirts ripped open, while holding rose stems in their teeth. (*LOL*)

Anonymous said...

I am really really looking forward to this movie. Thanks for the post.

WoofWoof said...

Just checked the cast list - some impressive names - Emma Thompson (who wrote the script and is I believe being sued for plagiarism!), Robbie Coltrane (Hagrid), Julie Walters, Derek Jacobi, David Suchet as Pa Ruskin, James Fox. Greg Wise (Thompson's husband who was Willoughby in Sense & Sensibility) looks decisdedly dodgy in that photograph. Personally I think Tom Hollander who acted the part in Desperate Romantics can't be bettered